Today I had a deadline. I cordoned off all day in my schedule to work in the peace and quiet of home. Here’s what happened instead:
- a jack hammer and a chainsaw (actual chainsaw) were being operated under my desk window all morning
- surprise conference call from work
- surprise follow-up call from conference call
- building super stopped by to pour blue gunk down the drains to check for leaks into the ceiling downstairs
- guy came by to clean up blue gunk from tub, toilet, and sink
- sudden rescheduling of flight plans for vacation that starts tomorrow
By the time I got more than ten uninterrupted minutes or so of actual work done on the piece, it was already well after lunch time. What’s that line about God laughing after you tell him your plans? And this is why “today’s” (i.e. Thursday’s) entry is being written at 12:50 am on Friday. Oy.